Tuesday, October 19, 2010

His Sins Preview III

Part III Sarah Ann

Chapter I

* * * * * * * *

Sarah Ann sipped her wine as she watched Adam over the rim of her glass. Knowing that he sensed there was something wrong, she was apprehensive about what he might say to her and how she would answer. She didn't enjoy serious conversations where she was put in the position of having to explain her actions. And she especially didn't want to have to explain why she was backing away from their relationship.

Laying down his knife and fork, Adam picked up his glass of wine and looked across the table at Sarah Ann. The smile had disappeared from his face.

"Do you want to tell me what's bothering you? I know you well enough to know there's something going on in that pretty head of yours. How will we be able to have a relationship if we're not going to be able to talk about things that bother us? Have I said or done something to offend you?"

Sarah Ann could feel the heat in her cheeks spread to her neck. "It's nothing you're said or done Adam. You're a great person."

"If I'm great, why do I get the feeling that you're pulling away from me? I felt it as soon as I asked if you wanted to join me when I go to Prince George. I thought we had something special going but now I'm confused."

Sarah Ann looked unhappily at her plate. The seafood, which she normally loved, looked unappetizing and she felt nauseous as she considered how she was going to answer him. Confused, she didn't want to lose what they had but she was also afraid of where the relationship might take her.

She was very attracted to Adam but her feelings for him were much stronger than what she was comfortable with. She was beginning to get that closed in feeling that she had experienced in the past when she was in a relationship that was getting too serious. Normally when this feeling hit her, she was off and running. But she didn't really want to do a disappearing act this time but she couldn't stay either.

Although she didn't like the feeling of not being in control of her emotions, she also didn't want to lose what they had either. She had to admit to herself that she enjoyed how Adam treated her, how he made her feel special, the fun they had when they were together, the things they had in common and how they could talk for hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment